Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> On 6/30/08, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
>
>> For what I know,
>>
>> A patchlevel is checked in if and only if
>>  % make all install check
>>  passes.
>>

> I would like to propose that the 'check' target depend on the
> 'test-rubyspec' target.
> Or that the patchlevels be defined by "make all install
> update-rubyspec test-rubyspec"
That'd be great. I think that RubySpec has more than proven its value
and the RubySpec team has shown their dedication to supporting Ruby.

The only gotcha with a "test-rubyspec" task is that it it relies on
external software and a network connection to checkout code. Anyway, I'm
hoping that the shell-based checker program I'm working on will provide
a reasonable way to do that, and can be easily run out of a make/rake task.

-igal