Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>
>> There should not be a release until the failures in rubyspec are
>> addressed.
>>

> OK, so all of you can wait until rubyspec passes?  I think I cannot
> review every failures in a 24 hours so releases should be delayed. Is it
> really OK?

Please delay the release. I don't think we'll be able to resolve the
remaining critical issues by Friday.

There's a definite, consistently reproducable memory leak[1] in both
p230 and p238, and likely in HEAD. This memory leak is a show-stopper
and will make it impossible for anyone running Rails or other
long-running processes to use these versions. There are also a number of
other problems that the RubySpec has identified, some of which seem severe.

What is the SVN URL for the current release candidate that we should be
testing? I was checking r17631 of the ruby_1_8_6 branch, which calls
itself p238.

I realize you and the other maintainers have been under a lot of strain
recently, but I sincerely appreciate you working through this with us.
Thank you.

-igal

[1] http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/216