Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>> There should not be a release until the failures in rubyspec are
>> addressed.
>
> OK, so all of you can wait until rubyspec passes?  I think I cannot
> review every failures in a 24 hours so releases should be delayed. Is it
> really OK?
>
> I'm neutral whether we should make an immediate release, or we need more
> brush-up to release.

Others have already responded, but I think it's of paramount importance
that any release pass the tests it's expected to pass. So then the
question becomes whether ruby-core has decided that 1.8.x releases are
expected to pass rubyspec. I think the community would like very much
for that to be the case.

- Charlie