From: "U.Nakamura" <usa / garbagecollect.jp>
To: ruby-core / ruby-lang.org
Subject: [ruby-core:17533] Re: We'll release
1.8.6/1.8.7 this Friday
Date: Thu, July 03, 2008, 17:01:00

Hello,

In message "[ruby-core:17530] Re: We'll release
1.8.6/1.8.7 this Friday"
    on Jul.03,2008 16:16:34,
<luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you test with reverting r17290 (socket
changes)?

Oh, sorry, I'd mistaken.
These are select changes, not socket changes.

> Reverting the specified revision fix the issue:

> http://pastie.org/private/xk8thrwcbzeb2h1s7lm3tw
>
> Those are the same errors that are failing under
p114, which is nice.

Good news :)

> One comment about r17290 is that it previously
worked, since before
> 1.8.7 was released I've been able to use
ruby_1_8 branch, which
> included the same backport.

Hmm...

I consider four senarios.

  1) drb changes cause this problem.

  2) ext/socket changes cause this problem.

  3) win32/win32.c changes cause this problem.

  4) another changes cause this problem.

First, drb was not changed between p114 and p230.
So, drb is
not guilty.
Second, ext/socket was changed, but it doesn't
seems to affect.
Third, win32/win32.c contains the changes about
select. These
are very suspicious.
Fourth, ... I have no idea :(

So, I suggested to revert r17290.

On ruby_1_8 branch, ext/socket changes are older
than win32's
select changes.
So, probably ext/socket changes doesn't cause it, too.

BTW, r17290 is tagged as p207.
So, if p207 has same problem, ruby_1_8_6 needs
something to
backport from ruby_1_8.
If p207 doesn't has the problem, something between
p208 and
p230 causes it.
Luis, could you test p207, please?

Regards,