Hi Shyouhei,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>> There should not be a release until the failures in rubyspec are
>> addressed.
>
> OK, so all of you can wait until rubyspec passes?  I think I cannot
> review every failures in a 24 hours so releases should be delayed.

It seems to me that the majority of String and StringIO failures is
caused by common cause and removing it will bring that huge number of
failing specs down.

> Is it really OK?

This is perfectly OK with me :)

> I'm neutral whether we should make an immediate release, or we need more
> brush-up to release.

There are multiple folks looking at and working on RubySpecs now,
including 3 Google Sommer of Code students, so it is a perfect
opportunity to make next Ruby release as good as possible and to
improve RubySpecs too.

Feel free to join #rubyspec IRC on freenode, most folks hang out
there, so we could shorten the failures evaluation time and help out
in any way we could.

Thanks,
  --Vladimir