On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hello, I think current 1.8.6/1.8.7 is stable than p230/p22, so I decided
> to release them again. Expected date for that is Jul. 4 (in Japanese
> Timezone).
>
> Can you check to see if they works on your machine?  I don't want to
> release again and again (that make users confuse.)  I want to make next
> release acceptable for you.

I'm not happy to inform that the make test-all procedure still stall
in test_07_public_private_protected_missing(TestDRbCore) for
i386-mingw32 platform.

Tested with SVN:

http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/ruby_1_8_6
revision: 17815

Our testing procedure uses the same version of ruby just build to host
the test and also serve as baseruby (adding it to the path before the
one used to actually build the sandbox).

This procedure has worked for us in the past, even way before I made
public the sandbox project repository.

Moreover, I'll like to mention that I can replicate the same behavior
using many version of base ruby and many Windows XP and Vista 32bits
installation, since the sanbox of RubyInstaller is designed to make it
easy recreate the whole environment:

http://github.com/luislavena/rubyinstaller

On the other hand, using 1.8.6-p114, even with the patches [1]
applied, still passes those tests.

I'll likely help tracking this issue down, but the several
branches/tags per-commit make it hard and very difficult to obtain a
clear commit/log history to determine the correct place of those
issues and revert or fix the ones affecting us.

[1] http://www.rubyinstaller.org/patches/

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena