Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> writes:

> > > Unfortunately, there were some other contributors, but some of
> > > them don't seem possible to contact now.
> >
> > As I understand it this may not be too big of a problem as long as the
> > primary authors are available, but you'll have to talk to the Emacs
> > maintainers to get the details about this.
>
> If so, life is much easier.  Primary authors are me and Nobu, and we
> both accept the copyright assignment.  Do we have to sign any form?

There is a form involved for submitting ruby-mode.el into Emacs; if you
two could contact Stefan Monnier at monnier / iro.umontreal.ca (and CC
emacs-devel / gnu.org) to get this figured out that would be great. There
is a feature freeze for Emacs 23 at the end of July, so if it doesn't
get included soon it will incur a long delay.

My apologies if you have already contacted someone about this. I think I
previously asked you to email Chong Yidong, but I know he has a very
aggressive spam filter; I have had email bounced from him before.

Thanks for being willing to contribute!
Phil Hagelberg