Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:17461] Re: 1.8 release management"
    on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:40:03 +0900, Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux / m4x.org> writes:

|> * After 1.8.6p0 we have formed the release management process
|>   described in my previous message.
|... and it has resulted from a four-months breakage of threading.
|Hardly an improvement. Don't get me wrong. I do think that things can
|improve. But I have personnally not the feeling that they had improved
|since the time of 1.8.5. I'm just astonished that your official stance
|is "everything is fine, look somewhere else"

No, but we at least formed a process that can be a starting-point.  I
don't think it's a good idea to crash and rebuild everything every
time we see a problem.

|> * We had some issues left untouched just because we had so many issues
|>   scattered among bunch of mailing lists.  So we recently set up a
|>   redmine issue tracking system at redmine.ruby-lang.org.
|Do you really think that using the RedMine bug tracker instead of the
|rubyforge one will improve anything there ? If the bugs reports were not
|read and/or acted upon when they were reported on RubyForge, I don't
|think that will improve because they are now reported on RedMine. Or I
|am missing something ...

* it's integrated with the repository now.
* and issue statuses are automagically updated upon commits.
* we succeeded to persuade (almost) all key persons to use redmine.

We will see if it goes well (or not).

							matz.