> * After 1.8.6p0 we have formed the release management process
>   described in my previous message.
... and it has resulted from a four-months breakage of threading.
Hardly an improvement. Don't get me wrong. I do think that things can
improve. But I have personnally not the feeling that they had improved
since the time of 1.8.5. I'm just astonished that your official stance
is "everything is fine, look somewhere else"

> * We had some issues left untouched just because we had so many issues
>   scattered among bunch of mailing lists.  So we recently set up a
>   redmine issue tracking system at redmine.ruby-lang.org.
Do you really think that using the RedMine bug tracker instead of the
rubyforge one will improve anything there ? If the bugs reports were not
read and/or acted upon when they were reported on RubyForge, I don't
think that will improve because they are now reported on RedMine. Or I
am missing something ...

Sylvain