Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> 1.8.5 life-span has been scheduled and informed at least since 2006,
> plus, to be frank, we have no human resources remaining to prolong this
> version.

Just to confirm, you're terminating support for 1.8.5 and all earlier
releases?

> I will never stop YOU to maintenance 1.8.5;  forking Ruby is your
> right.  And some OS vendors may actually do so.  But do not expect
> further support by us.
What if resources for keeping 1.8.5 on life support could be found and
provided by members outside the current Ruby core developer team and
these people met whatever criteria you set for them? Would your team be
willing to consider providing them with a way to continue to make
official Ruby 1.8.5 releases and distribute them from ruby-lang.org?

-igal