Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Sorry for a late reply but I think I've fixed this issue.  Can someone
> please try the latest ruby_1_8_6 branch?

I'm delighted to hear from you!

I've checked out the latest source code and ran the test suites of
RubySpec, Rails and RSpec on it. The segfaults are gone and I'm able to
run Rails applications again. However, many tests are failing in a way
that indicates there are either bugs or changes in the API which cause
p238 to behave differently than p111.

I've updated the RedMine ticket
[http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/199] and uploaded the
following files:
1. wrapper.sh -- Sample commands I'm running to build Ruby and execute
the test suites
2. logs.tar.gz -- The test suite logs for the various programs

In the logs, the "p111.log" files were created with Ubuntu 8.04's
patched Ruby 1.8.6p111, while the "17630.log" files were created with
SVN r17630. The best way to work with these log files is to use a modern
diff program like "gvimdiff" or "meld" which can detect intra-line
changes (a few characters changed within a line), and visually compare
them side-by-side. Note that a number of tests fail on both, this is
unfortunately normal. What's important is that the same tests pass and
fail on both versions. I'll try to make sense of the changes and errors
after I get some sleep.

Because the lastest SVN version seems to introduce API changes, trying
to fix it may be time consuming and stressful.

I urge you to consider reviewing the submitted unofficial patches and
make a new release based on a well-known stable version of the code,
such as p111 or p114.

Thank you!

-igal