On Jun 23, 2008, at 9:33 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

>> All authors of mocking libraries should try miniunit immediately to
>> help guide its compatibility and extensibility BEFORE it's merged
>> with
>> 1.9.
>
> I can totally agree with that.

Based on this, I started working with flexmock under miniunit.  I have
a question with regard to that:

Is there a way to detect if a particular test has passed or failed
from within the teardown method?  Flexmock tries to avoid reporting an
error during teardown if the test has already failed.  Teardown mock
errors are usually of the form "You didn't call this method the number
of times you said you would".  Failing the test because of that will
usually hide the REAL cause of the test failure.

TestUnit has a :passed? method on the TestCase object.  Replicating
that would make it easy, but we have hooks to do something custom as
well.

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich / gmail.com