On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 3:19 PM, U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In message "[ruby-core:17364] 1.8.6-p230 test-all fails in test/drb"
>    on Jun.21,2008 21:48:51, <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
>> So that means: Drb is now broken on Windows, or the tests are wrong?
>>
>> Comments or suggestions?
>
> Hmmm....
>
> Two questions.
>  1) Did you add --with-winsock2 when did configure?

Yes, is part of rubyinstaller configuration file:

http://github.com/luislavena/rubyinstaller/tree/master/config/ruby_installer.rb#L66

--enable-shared
--with-winsock2
--disable-install-doc

(I didn't push the p230 changes yet, so it states p114 right now, but
the options are the same).

>  2) What OS do you use? XP, Vista, or others?

Windows XP, SP2, Antivirus (NOD32 v3 disabled).

Compiler: GCC 3.4.5 (mingw special r3)

rubyinstaller uses the sandboxed ruby (the one just compiled) as base
ruby to run the tests (for those that requires a previous ruby
installation).

It worked ok for the past months, but failed after the drb changes
(which again, svn choke on the log and the diff for those, so cannot
"blame" anyone).

Regards and thank you for your time,
--
Luis Lavena