On Jun 18, 12:43   㮮
> On 2008-06-19 04:08 +0900 (Thu), Brian Ford wrote:
>
> > ...toward the goal of ensuring that everyone who writes Ruby code
> > can do so with confidence that their code will run correctly on
> > any compatible version of the *Ruby language*, not just on an
> > implementation.
>
> Is it just me, or does there seem to be some confusion here between the
> Ruby language and the Ruby libraries?

Is there a useful distinction you'd like to offer in this context?

The point is that I want some assurance that my code will run
correctly, for example, on JRuby or Rubinius (1.8.6 p114 compatible)
when it runs on MatzRuby with that version, and vice versa.
Restricting "language" to mean "syntax and grammar" is useless in this
context. And "language" (i.e. syntax and grammar) changes occur in
versions (e.g. 1.8 vs 1.9) as well. So, in this context, I mean "Ruby
language" to be the syntax and semantics of code running under a
particular version, regardless of implementation.