Hi,

In <F732B60B-DA6E-452A-8EB6-8E2B071294F2 / zenspider.com>
  "[ruby-core:17273] Re: Release Plan: Ruby 1.9.0-2" on Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:54:55 +0900,
  Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> > Do you have/know any task to release 1.9.0-2?
> >
> > * critical bugs
> > * new features
>
> I have not heard from Matz wrt miniunit. I'd really like to get it
> into 1.9 in order to improve the features, speed things up, and ease
> maintenance.

I can understand that 'speed things up' but can't others.
Can I hear about your 'improve the features' and 'ease
maintenance'?

What are the features? Mock? On the other hand, miniunit
reduce some features. e.g. miniunit don't handle most of
options that are accepted by Test::Unit even if --help. Is
it OK? It's not good thing for me. I'm using --name=XXX
form, -v v and so on.

What is the maintenance? Improve miniunit? Keep fixing bugs?

It seems that you want users to improve miniunit by a
gem. So it seems that you don't want to improve miniunit
itself.

If the maintenance means that you keep fixing bugs, I can't
understand why it breaks the current Test::Unit API. We are
using Test::Unit features that miniunit doesn't
support. e.g. option parsing, Test::Case#run isn't defined
and so on. Are you thinking that it's too high cost for you
that you maintain (not improve features, just only bug
fixes) Test::Unit with the current code base?

Thanks,
--
kou