2008/6/12, Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org>:
> It doesn't change ruby_init_stack(), but makes the function
>  will be called always instead of Init_stack().

This is a mystery, because currently I'm not using Init_stack(). I'm
using ruby_init_stack().

>  What're your OS and CPU?

OS is Debian Etch. CPU is an Intel Pentium III (Coppermine).

>  And couldn't you make simpler code to reproduce it?

That's difficult. When the module is statically linked I don't get the
error. I suspect the problem only occurs when it's dynamically loaded.
So any code to reproduce it would have to be a DSO, such as a SLang,
Perl or Apache module.

With Ruby 1.8.5 I had random segmentation faults, but only when the
module was dynamically loaded. Then I found the post in
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/67877 and
added some calls to Init_stack. After that I didn't have segfaults,
but after r15996 came out I got the error "exception reentered". I
replaced Init_stack with ruby_init_stack, and then it worked again
until r17036 came out - even though it's not using Init_stack.