Agh!  Sorry, I just noticed this message!

Richard Kilmer (rich / infoether.com) wrote:

> Also, when running with yaml/syck loaded vs. not loaded the system incurs quite an
> overhead.  In a very CPU/Memory heavy script, the time was cut in half
> w/o yaml/syck loaded (5 minutes vs. 10 minutes).

Looks like we've got a pretty heavy memory leak.  Or are you saying that
simply _loading_ the library (and not directly using it) was incurring
cost?

> _why...please contact me directly and I can send you some YAML that
> will crash syck ;-)

Please do, right away!  I have just been made aware of leak in the
parser's buffering code.  This could be related.  In any case, I want to
get this solved immediately.

Anyone else have YAML that will crash Syck?  I'd like to have all the
cases of such behavior to test against as I repair this.

_why