Hi!

Since several days the subjects are prepended by the mailcount, for
example:
"[ruby-core:17161] Ruby 1.8.7-p17 has been released".

This breaks any sorting of the mails in threads, which is very
uncomfortable.

Additionally it makes it even more difficult to identify longer
subjects in my mailer, because there is now less space for them.

I don't really understand, why this is necessary, as every mail has a
header like this:

Is there any chance that this change might be reverted?

Regards,
Dirk Traulsen

PS:
If it really has to be a visible part of each mail on the list, how
about adding to the end of each mail:

-empty line-
-empty line-
Please cite this mail by using the mail count: [ruby-core:17161]
-empty line-