Thanks Guy!

On Nov 19, 2003, at 5:44 AM, ts wrote:

>  Well, the problem is here
>
> R> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/syck.so...done.

You nailed it.  Its syck.so.  I had a problem with syck this weekend at
the RubyConf and was going to email _why about it...so I guess the
problem is more severe than I thought.  We do require 'yaml', but then
don't use it in the current scripts we are running so I moved the
require statement into the methods that call YAML.load.  This will fix
things for now, and hopefully _why will figure it out.  Also, when
running with yaml/syck loaded vs. not loaded the system incurs quite an
overhead.  In a very CPU/Memory heavy script, the time was cut in half
w/o yaml/syck loaded (5 minutes vs. 10 minutes).

We have a production DARPA system running here that was being held up
because of this, and the team thanks you as well.

-rich

_why...please contact me directly and I can send you some YAML that
will crash syck ;-)