Hi --

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Phlip wrote:

>> My view is that it isn't excess, any more than in this case:
>>
>>   class A
>>   end
>>
>>   class B
>>   end
>>
>> the second appearance of 'class' is excess.
>
> Please read my post again: They are structure, not behavior, so DRYing them
> is not important.

I see -- I think the "excess verbiage" meant the word "proc" is too
long (rather than that it shouldn't be repeated). I think it's OK. I'm
not worried about squeezing down to punctuation like ->.

Mind you, I have no problem with the idea of a literal lambda
constructor, except that there are already so many ways to create
procs of various kinds. It's really just -> that I (and others, if I'm
interpreting correctly) find a bit jarring.

David

   INTRO TO RAILS         June 9-12            Berlin
   ADVANCING WITH RAILS   June 16-19           Berlin
   INTRO TO RAILS         June 23-26           London (Skills Matter)