Hi --

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Urabe Shyouhei wrote:

> David A. Black wrote:
>> The -> does not look like a lambda character
>
> Neither does \.  Please be aware of those cultures where \ is assigned to
> different figures, such as yen sign.

I don't think \ looks like a lambda, and of course it doesn't
inherently or exclusively mean "lambda" in every context :-) I do like
it better than the ->() thing. I'd actually like to see def (a,b,c) or
something that uses the lambda keyword.

David

   INTRO TO RAILS         June 9-12            Berlin
   ADVANCING WITH RAILS   June 16-19           Berlin
   INTRO TO RAILS         June 24-27           London (Skills Matter)