On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:24 PM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Robert Dober wrote:

> > class/module X
> >  C = 42
> >  def C; 42 end
> > end
> >
> > which would be a good thing I believe.

>  I would tend to favor the constant, but that might not make sense.

Why not abolish :: altogether and disallow methods that begin with an
uppercase letter and reserve those explicitly for constants (that
already must be initially capitalized)?

I'm not actually for this change, but I do appreciate the a::b "turn
into method" syntax proposal, and I guess that disallowing methods to
begin with an uppercase letter would solve any ambiguities.