On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:27 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
David

more I read about this, more I overcome my emotional issue because I
really start to see the beauty of your idea combined with the idea of
method retrieval.

A.b being a call and
A::b being A.method(:b)

BTW I still think that A::b is more readable than A.b because of the
increased distance it puts between words, that is the same optical
reason I like Smalltalk code for, the space being a better delimiter
than the ".".
Please kindly remark that in written language one puts a space after
",", ".", ";", "!" etc.  for a very good reason. However this is a
minor point and anyway sometimes I want to read "::" but am too lazy
to write "::" ;).

The above mentioned semantic would also indicate that the following
becomes illegal

class/module X
   C = 42
   def C; 42 end