Sean E. Russell wrote:

> Right.  That's why you (and I) are getting exceptions; I
> don't know why he was getting "nil", but his question wasn't
> about that -- he was asking why it appeared that min() was
> always returning nil, rather than "a".  At least, that's how
> I understood the question.

I am getting nil because I was compiling with the /Og + /Ot
flags (with VC 7.1) - this results in a faster but unfortunately
also buggier ruby dll. Actually I turned off the /Ot flag in a
couple of places with pragmas including the definition for
Enumerate#any? and all? (and now min/max) and so far I
have not seen any difference when running the ruby
test suit (or Rubicon before it stop working) compared to
running it with a regular build. Anyway if I need a greater
comfort level I'll obviously stick to a ``regular build".

/Christoph