On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  At Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:17:03 +0900,
>  Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote in [ruby-core:16548]:
>
> > > Basically, this ticket [1] exposes a problem that annoys and add
>  > > cross-platform inoperativeness to Ruby. It start with the assumption
>  > > that an extensionless file have priority over a true windows
>  > > executable (.exe, com, bat, cmd) and try to use it instead when issue
>  > > system or any way that calls back into the OS.
>  >
>  > Do you consider files sans extensions shouldn't be returned?

Not in Windows. These shouldn't be the first option, since they are
not executables "as-is".

>  And, rather I want to remove static fbuf in dln.c.

Tried to apply the patch to trunk but failed to apply file.c and
process.c diffs.

I'll work on porting what you exposed here for 1.8 and get back on the ticket.

Thank you again for your time Nobu.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems