Hi Luis,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:

>  Vladimir, I'm highly interested on that.
>
>  Can you share with us proper setup of the spec/mspec environment?

Excellent! :)

The very quick guide is on my blog here:
http://blog.emptyway.com/2008/04/06/the-rubyspecs-quick-starting-guide/

You just 'git clone' the rubinius repository, and use the appropriate
command to launch the spec tests. One of the parameters, '-t',
specifies the actual implementation under test, so you could have -t
jruby or -t /opt/ruby1.8.7/bin/ruby, etc

The typical command is:
bin/mspec -t /path/to/ruby spec/ruby/1.8/

That 'spec/ruby/1.8.' - is the place for all Ruby 1.8.6 specs, divided
into subdirs (core, language, library).

Most specs should   pass fine on Ruby 1.8.6 pl114 (there will be few
failures due to platform dependent behavior, and we really should
clean those up, but it's good enough for now).

So, when you specify different targets via -t switch , you'll see what
passes with 1.8.6 and fails with 1.8.7.

Thanks,
 --Vladimir