On 3/23/08, Martin Duerst <duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> No, sorry, not at all. The XML declaration is part of well-formedness,
>  not validity. So is the number and place of document type declarations
>  or similar stuff. If REXML gets this wrong, it should be fixed asap.

I've attached a bug fix for this in the tracker:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19058&group_id=426&atid=1698

Also, while writing REXML's spec for Rubinius I've found some other
minor problems, I've attached fixes for them too:

* Fix for get_attribute in REXML::Attribute -
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19039&group_id=426&atid=1698

* Fix for standalone's default value in XMLDecl -
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19032&group_id=426&atid=1698

* Docfix for Document -
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19038&group_id=426&atid=1698

--