At 05:30 08/03/23, mathew wrote:

>Seems to me that accepting more than 1 XML declaration is entirely
>acceptable, for a parser which states that it is non-validating.

No, sorry, not at all. The XML declaration is part of well-formedness,
not validity. So is the number and place of document type declarations
or similar stuff. If REXML gets this wrong, it should be fixed asap.

As a separate issue, it seems that REXML doesn't support the namespace
axis in XPath. I hope this can be fixed, too.

Regards,    Martin.