Hi Ryan,

In <D7A1EB79-BE69-42B5-8F63-8E8487E1067F / zenspider.com>
  "Re: Test::Unit maintainer" on Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:11:09 +0900,
  Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> I've finally polished off the SVN cut I made and released it to
> rubyforge. It is announced and should wind up on the news. I uploaded
> the rdoc for it and gave it a logo (http://test-unit.rubyforge.org/).
> I've added you as an admin to the project.

I've confirmed.
Thanks.

> I don't have the same design goals as you do for test/unit. My only
> desire is to get it externalized and stable for tool vendors and other
> people with esoteric needs for that specific architecture. Go nuts
> with your ideas. I would ask that changes you make to output and the
> like are coordinated so tools like autotest & unit-diff can stay
> compatible.

Thanks for accepting my requests.
I'll keep satisfying your requests.

Which way should I use to develop test/unit?

  1. Use the Ruby repository's trunk as the test/unit main
     repository. The test/unit repository on RubyForge is
     used just for preview release. (Official release is
     ruby release.)

     1-1. develop some features on the Ruby repository's trunk.
     1-2. merge changes on the Ruby repository's trunk to
          the test/unit repository's trunk on RubyForge.
     1-3. release a new version as a gem on RubyForge.
     1-4. back to 1-1.

  2. Use the test/unit repository on RubyForge as the test/unit
     main repository. Developed features are merged to the
     Ruby repository's trunk after preview release on RubyForge.

     2-1. develop some features on the test/unit
          repository's trunk on RubyForge.
     2-2. release a new version as a gem on RubyForge.
     2-3. merge changes on the test/unit repository's trunk
          on RubyForge to the Ruby repository's trunk.
     2-4. back to 2-1.

> My only firm request is that test-unit 1.2.3 always stay up there for
> tool vendors as this is 100% compatible with the cut from ruby 1.8/1.9.

OK.

Thanks,
--
kou