Paul Brannan wrote:

> I'm not sure how I feel about your change, because a test suite can
> contain instance of multiple test case classes.  In that case, which
> startup/shutdown methods should get called and when?

This is a suite:

class TestSuite
    def test_case_one...
    def test_case_two...
    def test_case_C...
end

A suite, in Ruby, inherits TestCase, symbolizing only one case calls at a time,
from an object created just for it.

Dan's patch purports to provide a setup that will run before the first case
(here test_case_C, in asciibetic order) and a teardown that will run after the
last one.

A "suite" is not necessarily a file. If it contained two classes that inherit
TestCase, they would both be suites.

This verbiage situation will continue to cause trouble so long as anyone says
"test case" when they mean "test suite". I can't tell which one you mean. I once
worked near a QA department that insisted on saying "we regressed all the tests
today", when they meant "we ran all the tests to prevent regressions today". The
exact opposite meaning. I don't know if they still do that...

--
   Phlip