On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 07:52:40AM +0900, Daniel Berger wrote:
> Hm, something's goofy. I just noticed that instance variables aren't
> surviving more than one test. Using the applied patches, I tried this:

Test::Unit creates a new instance for every test case run.  When I want
the behavior you describe, I use class variables:

  class MyTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
    def setup
      @@foo ||= 42

I'm not sure how I feel about your change, because a test suite can
contain instance of multiple test case classes.  In that case, which
startup/shutdown methods should get called and when?

Paul