On Mar 2, 2008, at 22:12, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> I consider the behavior of "capitalize" to be "make the first letter
> upper case AND the rest lower case".  I think the "other definition"
> may work better for some cases, but not yet sure if it's the
> definition.

The Oxford American Dictionary says

capitalize
verb
4 [ trans. ] write or print (a word or letter) in capital letters. =95 =20=

begin (a word) with a capital letter.

I agree with the dictionary and the previous comments that I would not =20=

expect #capitalize to alter anything except the beginning character.

(I'm also having a hard time thinking of good use cases for the =20
current behavior.)

mathew=