Hi,

At Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:07:32 +0900,
Daniel Berger wrote in [ruby-core:15733]:
> > Normally, win32ole will never be built on non-Windows platforms.
> >
> > BTW, pass --without-ext=win32ole as configure argument to avoid
> > building win32ole.
>
> Right, but how do I do it without having to be explicit? I'm trying to
> replace Win32API with win32/api (my own version) and it keeps trying to
> build it on OS X during the make phase.
>
> I've got an extconf.rb and api.c file under ruby/ext/win32/api, which is
>   a similar layout to io/wait and its extconf.rb and wait.c files.

In extconf.rb, you can check the target platform or necessary
libraries like win32ole.

> I've edited the Setup file to include a "#win32/api", but it still
> continues to try to compile it.

It is commented out and has no effect, and it will be linked
statically against the shared library if it has no #.

Setup file is used to just direct which extensions to be
linked statically, not which extensions to be compiled.

--
Nobu Nakada