U.Nakamura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In message "Question on build process - skipping unsupported extensions"
>     on Mar.03,2008 12:18:58, <djberg96 / gmail.com> wrote:
> | When building Ruby from source, how does it know to skip over extensions
> | like win32ole on non-Windows platforms? Or build win32ole only on
> | Windows? Instead of just dying on 'make', I mean.
>
> Normally, win32ole will never be built on non-Windows platforms.
>
> BTW, pass --without-ext=win32ole as configure argument to avoid
> building win32ole.

Right, but how do I do it without having to be explicit? I'm trying to
replace Win32API with win32/api (my own version) and it keeps trying to
build it on OS X during the make phase.

I've got an extconf.rb and api.c file under ruby/ext/win32/api, which is
  a similar layout to io/wait and its extconf.rb and wait.c files.

I've edited the Setup file to include a "#win32/api", but it still
continues to try to compile it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan