--nextPart15448971.sIjzBfYCux

<david / davidflanagan.com> writes:
> |I'd like to ask, however, what the rationale is for adding this fairly
> |major new piece of API after 1.9.0.  I could see this going into the 2.0
> |development branch, when it opens, but do we need it in 1.9?  (I ask
> |this, obviously, as someone who has just written and published a book
> |covering Ruby 1.9--I'd really like the 1.9 API to stay stable!)
>
> I consider this method (Proc#curry) to be trivial and should be
> treated like an Easter egg for functional programming kids.

Actually, you didn't refute David's implied assertion that the 1.9 API must=
 be=20
stable, and this makes me nervous. =20

Isn't Ruby 1.9's API -- by definition -- unstable?  If we can't make API=20
changes in the unstable branches, where can we make them?  This is a fairly=
=20
important piece of information that developers have to know, and if I've be=
en=20
making the wrong assumption, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

=2D-=20
### SER  =20
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Haskell|Aikido|Iaido
### http://www.ser1.net, http://www.ser1.net/Security/ser_public.gpg
### Jabber: seanerussell / gmail.com (OTR enabled)