On Feb 21, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Martin Duerst wrote:

> I'm now looking for comments on how to name these and further options.

I'm getting slightly concerned about the intellectual surface area of
the encoding stuff. Now we're adding a dozen options to an encoding
method, and all before we're made an official release.

What would happen if we added no options, waited to see what issues
were raised by users, and then addressed those? Adding features
preemptively seems like it could add bloat to the language that future
generations of maintainers will have to support, even if users don't
need them.

I have to say that I'd also like to see a little more emphasis on
stability issues and core bugs at this stage. Let's get something
stable out, so that real users can play. We can then add features
based on their reported needs.

Dave