In article <deb2337a0802200549r529287b1m985df6a54ac9850c / mail.gmail.com>,
  "Rick DeNatale" <rick.denatale / gmail.com> writes:

> I think that the problem here, if there is one is not with the parsing
> but with Regexp#inspect.  It seems akin to the recurring question
> about how to get rid of "extra" backslashes that Ruby "adds" to
> strings but which really aren't there:

If two syntax have same semantics, we can change one to
another.  If escaped form and non-escaped form have same
semantics, we can get rid of backslash.

So it needs to know regexp syntax/semantics.  I think the
list of meta characters is required.
--
Tanaka Akira