Hi --

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, ara.t.howard wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008, at 3:43 PM, David A. Black wrote:
>

>> I guess it would have that effect, but I've seen lots of instance
>> variable initialization in classes that might be subclassed, and I
>> don't remember ever seeing a conditional one.
>>

> there is one in that very file ;-)

I meant I don't remember ever seeing @var ||= value in an initialize
before. It's an interesting example of the idea of inheritance as
"shared implementation", as Matz has put it, rather than family tree.
The tests do pass without it, though -- I'll have a closer look at
that at some point.

David

--
Training for 2008!
Ruby on Rails training by David A. Black/Ruby Power and Light, LLC: