On 16 Jan 2008, at 17:25, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> Is there any sort of mathematical standard that explains what should
> happen with regards to infinity and comparisons?
>
> Frankly, my head hurts just thinking about it.

Well, I like the current implementation (at least, without the bug).
The == operator always gives false for comparing Infinity objects,
which is what they mathematically are. The <=> is whether objects are
comparable, and imho, +Infinity and +Infinity are comparable (but not
exactly the same, hence the == giving false).

So I don't think the current implementation is strange, but maybe it's
worth reconsidering.

--
Regards,

Dirkjan Bussink