Hi,

Sorry for slow response.  Today, I'll debug VM.

In this article, I describe how to use "addr2line" with information
which you can see on [BUG].

You will see following lines:

> -- control frame ----------
> c:0001 p:0000 s:0002 b:0002 l:000001 d:000001 TOP    <dummy toplevel>:126
> ---------------------------
> -- backtrace of native function call (Use addr2line) --
> 0x4acccf
> 0x4cb14e
> 0x4cb2a1
> 0x47d7b3
> 0x2b657ff05100
> 0x7f6420
> Aborted (core dumped)

(quoted from [ruby-core:15055])

Folowing lines represent backtrace address of YOUR ruby binary.

> -- backtrace of native function call (Use addr2line) --
> 0x4acccf
> 0x4cb14e
> 0x4cb2a1
> 0x47d7b3
> 0x2b657ff05100
> 0x7f6420

Save this addresses (represented by hexadecimal) to text file named
"addrs".  And you can see debug information with this command
"addr2line -e [YOUR ruby binary] < addrs".

Unfortunately, I can't use this information on my computer because
this information depends on YOUR ruby binary.  This means that it
may not help me if you post raw addresses.

You can also get debug information with GDB/backtrace, but above
[BUG] information is easier to get.

Regards,
--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net