Moved over from ruby-talk...

On Jan 7, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> You can load Ruby programs with rb_load().

In 1.9, though, is that enough, or do we then have to call rb_iseq_new/
eval to have the file's contents actually run (when I try just
rb_load_file, it gets compiled but the code in the file doesn't appear
to be actually executed).

 From an embedding point of view, this is slightly problematic, as
rb_load_file returns VOID *, so it's hard to pass the parse tree on.

Should I perhaps be calling rb_load(rb_str_new2("file.rb", 0)?

Dave