On Dec 27, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:

> 1.9 is not quite different from 1.8, all major stuff of 1.8 will work
> out of the box on 1.9, but the new "fancy" stuff 1.9 provides will not
> be portable back to 1.8.
>
> A developer should follow good practices instead of depend on language
> to resolve their bad habits.

I doubt all of us 1.8 developers were writing:

   array_1.zip(array_2).to_a

all over our code because we thought zip() might stop returning an
Array in the near future.  There's definitely some gap between 1.8 and
1.9.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.  (Though zip() did take a beating
in the translation.)  I'm just saying that the differences may be
greater than you suspect.

James Edward Gray II