Hey,

I've been playing around with ruby 1.9 and I've noticed that on all 3
FreeBSD machines I've built it on, Rdoc coredumps when parsing the
files. Here's a partial list of the files which I've seen fail:

lib/date/format.rb
lib/prettyprint.rb
lib/rdoc/parsers/parse_f95.rb
lib/resolv.rb
lib/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb
lib/scanf.rb

Not ALL files fail, just some of them. I've also noticed that if I
compile without the -O2 optimization, this doesn't occur and everything
completes correctly. Here's my gcc information:

#gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305

Here's a full backtrace from gdb:

http://eagle.bsd.st/~andrew/bt.txt

I've tested the same situation with 1.8.6-p111 and it's not affected. I
suspect that gcc is just optimizing something wrong, but I don't have
the experience to go any deeper into it. I'm happy to provide any
additional information if anyone needs it. I'd also note that NetBSD (at
least on the Alpha platform) is unaffected by this. I'll try to do some
more testing on other platforms/architectures as time allows.

Thanks,

Andrew