Hi,

I know I'm probably one of like 5 people still using IRIX, but theres no
harm keeping ruby running there. Here's a patch to check for, and
include xti.h which is needed on IRIX and possibly some of the other
commercial *NIXes to include complete socket support.

The (pretty small) patch is here:
http://eagle.bsd.st/~andrew/IRIX/xti_h_1_9.diff

I submitted a patch for 1.8.6 to address this issue too:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14525&group_id=426&atid=1698

However, 1.8.6p111 broke some other stuff relating to IRIX and I
haven't had the time to track it down yet.

Great work on the 1.9 release by the way! I'm working on testing it on
all my exotic hardware/operating systems and I'll try to get back to
you about other problems I encounter.

Andrew