Hi,

I think I have almost done the basic design & implementation work for
_1.9.0_, which is going to be released today.

A few notes before the release:

  * The relase version will be 1.9.0, not 1.9.1 as we have
    announced before.  This denotes the fact it is not as
    stable as we expected.  But the all incompatible changes
    are done already.

  * There already are some known bugs.  The relase note will
    include the number of failed tests from standard "make test"
    and "make test-all".

  * The release will be planed to be 3:00pm Japanese Standard Time,
    which is 9 hours ahead of UTC.  It may be delayed as we have
    suffered in the previous releases.  We try our best not to be too
    late.

  * THE 1.9 IS INCOMPATIBLE.  YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT WORK AS IT IS.
    The porting know-how (or porting tools maybe) will not provided as
    of the first release.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

							matz.