On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:08:50 +0900
matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: _id2ref bug?"
>     on 03/08/15, ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:
>
> | It has a finalizer and it's in a "freeing page" : this case is possible ?
> | If yes, flags is not set to 0 and this can explain the problem
>
> It is very possible.  It should be checked by "RBASIC(ptr)->klass == 0".
> Thank you.
>
> Still wondering if this solve his problem.

Hrm, it doesn't seem to, I still get a segfault.  I checked, and the ID
_does_ get freed (the finalizer gets called and I print the ID, then
before I try to _id2ref it, I show the same ID).

Very odd.  I'm not sure what to look at, but if I have an idea where to
poke around in the source, I could try and find what's up or provide
further information.

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpav / users.sf.net>

"I distinctly remember dancing on your grave." - 8BT