--1926193751-249019675-1195303749426

Hi --

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

>>> It a far sight better then what people were doing:
>>>
>>>    some_expression.
>>>    a_method(a,b,c)
>>>
>>> which really sucks.
>>
>> Meh.
>>
>> I've never understood why people do:
>>    foo(bar
>>          , baz
>>          , quux)
>>
>> I far prefer:
>>
>>   foo(bar,
>>        baz,
>>        quux)
>>
>> Yeah, the former is *theoretically* easier to add to and remove from,
>> but it's ugly as Medusa. I'm with Mr Black.
>
> These discussions always remind me of this:
>
> if {
> > }
>
> versus:
>
> if > {
> > }

It's different, though, because there's no exception to a rule being
introduced by either of those two (assuming the rule is that if
involves curly braces). With the leading dot thing, it's an exception
(or a new rule), not a style choice by the programmer. It *will* be a
style choice, if it stays in the language; but making it possible in
the language involves a change to the line-parsing rules themselves.

David

See http://www.rubypal.com for details!
--1926193751-249019675-1195303749426--