On Nov 16, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2007 3:40 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
>>
>> It makes me wonder whether the main effect of #tap is going to be a
>> lot of warnings that it isn't a best practice. Or are there examples
>> that *don't* look worse than the alternatives?
>
> Maybe more along the lines of "#tap is an extremely useful debugging
> tool, but you probably want to remove it by the time your code goes to
> production"

Yeah, I feel like that's it's primary usage.  We have p() and similar
tools already, so it doesn't feel that out of place for that purpose.

Conceptually, tap() is equivalent to the tee utility program.  There
may be some usages based on that as well, but I'm not sure if they
would be considered elegant or not.

James Edward Gray II