Hi!

I'm checking 1.9 and I'm curious for some test which shows me that there
are really native threads there.

I made a test with two threads reading two files and one reading a FIFO,
but seems that the FIFO is blocking the other threads. Is this a valid
test for native threads? Using Java it works as expected. Here's the code:

files    = %w(thread_test.txt thread_test.fifo thread_test2.txt)
threads  = []

files.each_with_index do |item,index|
   threads << Thread.new do
      while true
         puts "(#{index}) Reading #{item} on #{Time.now} ..."
         puts File.read(item)
         puts "-"*50
         sleep 1
threads.first.join

Using an updated 1.9 it still blocks when reading the FIFO.
I need some suggestion of some test to prove that the native threads are
there. :-)

Best regards,

--
EustŠ“uio "TaQ" Rangel
http://eustaquiorangel.com

"The only way to learn a new programming language is by writing programs
in it."
B. Kernighan & D. Ritchie