On Nov 15, 5:36 am, Eric Hodel <drbr... / segment7.net> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007, at 18:43 , Trans wrote:
>
> >> - 0% compatible with all the other bells and whistles of test/unit
> >> (runners)
>
> > sounds good. but what happens to all the other runners? might miniunit
> > just replace test/unit then and test/units runners and extra bells and
> > whistle get be converted to an extra package that hooks into this? i'm
> > all for it, but it would be a shame to LOOSE capabilities.
>
> You install test::unit classic and use the runners.

Sure, but it would be nice if it was a gem. Which raises a question:
will the require be the same -- require 'test/unit' ? If so might
there be load name conflicts?

But my main point is that it would be nicer if the runners could be
converted to hooks into this new system, available as a separate
package/gem, instead of using a whole different test framework.

T.